Why should I cite INN?We believe that citing INN could help alleviate reviewer concerns about the construct synonymy problems in your research. The development of INN represents a multi-person, multi-year effort, and we do appreciate your citations when you use it. Your citations will also encourage our future developments and investments into the platform.
How do I cite INN?
The proper APA citation for INN is:
Larsen, Kai R., 2019, Inter-Nomological Network, http://inn.colorado.edu, March 24 [Endnote]
What is the science behind INN?
The INN team has multiple papers under development, so if you consider using the system for your research, feel free to email Kai Larsen to discuss. We are looking for collaborators, but are also happy to help with your own INN research when appropriate. The citations below are to the currently published INN papers. These may also be used as citations in your own papers using INN, depending on your usage type:
- Kai R. Larsen, Jintae Lee, Jingjing Li, and Chih How Bong (2010), A Transdisciplinary Approach to Construct Search and Integration, 16th Americas Conference on Information Systems, Lima, Peru, August 12-15.[Endnote]
- Jingjing Li and Kai R. Larsen, “Establishing Nomological Networks for Behavioral Science: a Natural Language Processing Based Approach,” International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Shanghai, China, December 4th-7th, 2011.[Endnote]
The INN Similarity Function:
- Larsen, Kai R. and David Monarchi (2003), A Mathematical Approach to Categorization and Labeling of Qualitative Data: The Latent Categorization Method, Sociological Methodology, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 349-392. [Endnote]
- Cook, Paul F., Kai R. Larsen, Teresa Sakraida, and Leli Pedro, 2012, A Novel Transdisciplinary Approach to Concept Analysis: The Inter-Nomological Network, Nursing Research. Accepted 1/13/2012.[Endnote]
- Kai R. Larsen, Dorit Nevo, and Eliot Rich (2008), Exploring the Semantic Validity of Questionnaire Scales, Proceedings of the 41st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Waikoloa, Hawaii, January 7-10, pp. 1-10.[Endnote]