- Refers to the manner in which a student approaches and processes the help seeking process. Requesting an explanation of process( how to obtain the solution) not the answer
Why did you multiply it by 4?
- Mercer , N (1999), "Children's talk and the development of reasoning in the classroom ", British Educational Research Journal , 25, 95-111. [Endnote]
- Puustinen , M (1998), "Help seeking behavior in a problem solving situation", European Journal of Psychology of Education , 8, 271-282. [Endnote]
- Newman , R. S (1995), "Student's help seeking during problem solving: Effects of grade, goal, and prior achievement ", American Educational Research Journal, 32, 352-376. [Endnote]
- Webb , N.M (1994), "Promoting Helping behavior in cooperative small groups in middle school mathematics ", American Educational Research Journal, 31, 369-395. [Endnote]
- Nelson-Le Gall , S (1985), "Help Seeking in Elementary Classrooms ", Contemporary Educational Psychology, 10, 58-71. [Endnote]