Murray, Sandra L., Jaye L. Derrick, and Sadie Leder (2008), "Balancing Connectedness and Self-Protection Goals in Close Relationships: A Levels-of-Processing Perspective on Risk Regulation", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 94, 429-459.
- Lockwood, Penelope, Christian Jordan, and Ziva Kunda (2002), "Motivation by Positive or Negative Role Models: Regulatory Focus Determines Who Will Best Inspire Us", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 83, 854-864. [Endnote]
- Goldsmith, D.J., V.M. McDermott, and S.C. Alexander (2000), "Helpful,supportive, and sensitive: Measuring the evaluation of enacted social support in personal relationships", Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 17, 369-391. [Endnote]
- Aron, A., E.N. Aron, and M. Tudor (1991), "Close relationships as including other in the self", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 60, 241-253. [Endnote]
- Zimet, G.D., N.W. Dahlem, and S.G. Zimet (1988), "The Multidimensional Scale of Perceived Social Support.", Journal of Personality Assessment, 52, 30-41. [Endnote]
- Rosenberg, M. (1965), Princeton, NJ, Princeton University Press.