LeFort, Sandra M. (2000), "A Test of Braden's Self-Help Model in Adults with Chronic Pain", Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 32, 153-160.
- Baker, F., B. Curbow, and J.R. Wingard (1992), "Development of the satisfaction with life domains scale for cancer", Journal of Psychosocial Oncology, 10, 75-90. [Endnote]
- Mishel, M.H. (1991), "Uncertainty in illness scales manual".
- Braden, C.J. (1990), "Learned self-help response to chronic illness experience: A test of three alternative learning theories", Scholarly Inquiry for Nursing Practice, 4, 23-41. [Endnote]
- Lorig, K., R. Chastain, and E. Ung. (1989), "Development and evaluation of a scale to measure perceived self efficacy in people with arthritis", Arthritis and Rheumatism, 32, 37-44. [Endnote]
- Melzack, R. (1987), "Reconceptualization of the uncertainty in illness theory", Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 22, 256-262. [Endnote]
- Jensen, M.P., P. Karoly, and R. Huger (1987), "The development and preliminary validation of an instrument to assess patients' attitudes toward pain", Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 31, 393-400. [Endnote]
- Rosenbaum, M. (1980), "A schedule for assessing self-control behaviors: Preliminary findings.", Behavior Therapy, 11, 109-121. [Endnote]