Weeks, Sandra Kenney, Paul E. McGann, and Teresa King Michaels (2003), "Comparing Various Short-Form Geriatric Depression Scales Leads to the GDS-5/15", Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 35, 133-137.
- Hoyl, M.T., C.A. Alessi, and J.O. Harker (1999), "Development and testing of a five-item version of the Geriatric Depression Scale", Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 47, 873-878. [Endnote]
- Van Marwijk, H.W.J., P. Wallace, and G.H. de Bock (1995), "Evaluation of the feasibility, reliability and diagnostic value of shortened versions of the geriatric depression scale", British Journal of General Practice, 45, 195-199. [Endnote]
- D'Ath, P., P. Katona, and E. Mullan (1994), "Screening, detection and management of depression in elderly primary care attenders. I: The acceptability and performance of the 15 item Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS15) and the development of short versions.", Family Practice, 11, 260-266. [Endnote]
- Sheikh, Javaid I., and Jerome A. Yesavage (1986), "Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS): Recent evidence and development of a shorter version.", Clinical Gerontologist: The Journal of Aging and Mental Health, 5, 165-173. [Endnote]
- Yesavage, J., T. Brink, and T. Rose (1983), "Development and validation of a geriatric depression screening scale: A preliminary report.", Journal of Psychiatric Research, 17, 37-49. [Endnote]
- Folstein, Marshal F., Susan E. Folstein, and Paul R. McHugh (1975), "Mini-Mental State: A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician.", Journal of Psychiatric Research, 12, 189-198. [Endnote]