Mazurek Melnyk, Bernadette, Linda Alpert-Gillis, and Nancy Fischbeck Feinstein (2001), "Improving Cognitive Development of Low-Birth-Weight Premature Infants witht the COPE Program: A Pilot Study of the Benefit of Early NICU Intervention with Mothers ", Research in Nursing and health, 24, 373-389.
- Melnyk, B. M. (1994), "Coping with unplanned childhood hospitalization: Effects of informational interventions on mothers and children.", Nursing Research, 43, 50-55. [Endnote]
- Bayley, N. (1993), San Antonio, Psychological, 2nd.
- Cobiella, C. W. , P. A. Mabe, and R. L. Forehand (1990), "A comparison of two stress-reduction treatments for mothers of neonates hospitalized in a neonatal intensive care unit.", Children's Health Care, 19, 93-100. [Endnote]
- Miles, M.S. (1989), "Parents of critically ill premature infants: Sources of stress", Critical Care Nursing Quarterly, 12, 69-74. [Endnote]
- Spielberger, C., R. Gorsuch, and R. Lushene (1983), Pala Alto, CA, Consulting Psychologists.