LaMontagne, Lynda L., Joseph T. Hepworth, and Frances Cohen (2004), "Adolescents' Coping with Surgery for Scoliosis: Effects on Recovery Outcomes Over Time", Research in Nursing and health, 27, 237-253.
- Strickland, B. (1989), "Internal/external control expectancies", American Psychologist, 44, 1-12. [Endnote]
- Achenbach, T.M., and C. Edelbrock (1987), Burlington, VT, University of Vermont Department of Psychiatry.
- Cohen, F. (1975) , "Psychological preparation, coping, and recovery from surgery", Berkeley, Unpublished doctoral dissertation.
- Nowicki, S., and B.R. Strickland (1973), "A locus of control scale for children", Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 40, 148-154. [Endnote]
- Cohen, F., and R.S. Lazarus (1973), "Active coping processes, coping dispositions, and recovery from surgery", Psychosomatic Medicine, 35, 76-85. [Endnote]
- McNair, D., M. Lorr, and L. F. Droppleman (1971), San Diego, CA, Educational and Instructional Testing Service.