Johnson Wright, Lisa, Alex J. Zautra, and Scott Going (2008), "Adaptation to Early Knee Osteoarthritis: The Role of Risk, Resilience, and Disease Severity on Pain and Physical Functioning", Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 36, 70-80.
- McCrae, RR, and PT Costa (1999), New York, NY, Guilford.
- Ware, J.E., and C.D. Sherbourne (1992), "The MOS 36-item short form health survey (SF-36): Conceptual framework and item selection", Medical care, 30, 473-483. [Endnote]
- Lorig, K., R. Chastain, and E. Ung. (1989), "Development and evaluation of a scale to measure perceived self efficacy in people with arthritis", Arthritis and Rheumatism, 32, 37-44. [Endnote]
- Watson, D, and JW Pennebaker (1989), "Health complaints, stress, and distress: Exploring the central role of negative affect.", Psychology Review, 96, 234-254. [Endnote]
- Bellamy, N, WW Buchanan, and CH Goldsmith (1988), "Validation study of WOMAC: A health status instrument for measuring clinically important patient relevant outcomes to antirheumatic drug therapy in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee.", Journal of Rheumatology, 1512, 1833-1840. [Endnote]
- Radloff, Lenore S. (1977), "The CES-D Scale: A Self-Report Depression Scale for Research in the General Population.", Applied Psychological Measurement, 1, 385-401. [Endnote]